The structure of the die casting mold is actually the same as the structure of the plastic mold. It should be said that if you can make a plastic mold, you should be able to make a die casting mold.
It is on the sprue sleeve of the feed. The sprue sleeve of the plastic mold tech china is a slender and tapered feeding port, and the diameter of the feeding port is relatively small. The feed port of the die casting mold is relatively large, and the diameter of the tapered feed port of the center feed is much larger than that of the plastic mold.
There is also a feed port that is a straight circular sleeve with a diameter of 30 to 40 mm, which is a structure that plastic molds do not have. In addition, plastic molds and die casting molds are made of different steels. Plastic molds generally use 45# steel, T8, T10 and other steels, while die casting molds mainly use heat-resistant steels such as 3Cr2W8V.
1. The injection pressure of the die-casting mold is large, so the template is required to be relatively thicker to prevent deformation.
2. The gate of the die casting mold is different from that of the injection mold, and a high pressure of the split cone is required to decompose the flow.
3. The die casting mold core does not need quenching. During die casting, the temperature in the mold cavity exceeds 700 degrees, so each molding is equivalent to quenching once. The mold cavity will become harder and harder, and the general injection mold should be quenched to above HRC52.
4. The general cavity of the die casting mold should be nitrided to prevent the alloy from sticking to the cavity.
5. Generally, the die casting mold of die casting mould supplier is relatively corroded, and the outer surface is generally blued.
6. Compared with the injection mold, the matching clearance of the movable part (such as the core-pulling slider) of the die casting mold is larger, because the high temperature of the die casting process will cause thermal expansion. If the gap is too small, the mold will be stuck.
7. The parting surface of the die casting mold has higher requirements, because the fluidity of the alloy is much better than that of the plastic. It will be very dangerous if the high temperature and high pressure material flows out of the parting surface.
8. The injection mold is generally exhausted by the thimble, the parting surface, etc. The die casting mold must have an exhaust groove and a slag collection bag (collect the cold material head).
9. The molding is inconsistent. The injection speed of the die casting mold is fast, and the injection pressure is one stage. Plastic molds are usually injected in several stages and kept under pressure.
10. The die casting mold is a two-plate mold (I haven't seen a 3-plate die casting mold for a while) to open the mold at one time. Different plastic molds have different product structures. Three-plate molds are common. The number and sequence of mold openings are matched with the mold structure. Die casting molds usually do not use square thimbles, cylinders, and inclined pins (high temperature and good fluidity of the solution), which are easy to get stuck and lead to unstable mold production.
In addition, plastic molds and die casting molds are made of different steels. Plastic molds generally use 45# steel, T8, T10 and other steels, while die casting molds mainly use heat-resistant steels such as 3Cr2W8V.